Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fan Film Corner: "Shielded"

This week's selection of Fan Film Corner, we check out "S.H.I.E.L.D.E.D."

LOWDOWN:
"S.H.I.E.L.D.E.D." is no ordinary fan film, either. It's actually a campaign on the part of Adam Levermore, a graphic designer hoping to land a job on the eventual "S.H.I.E.L.D." TV series as a production designer. Levermore teamed up with a veritable who's who of the geek community (including "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" actress Amber Benson and "The Walking Dead" composer Bear McCreary) to create a short film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, with Levermore himself unwittingly in the hot seat for a job interview at S.H.I.E.L.D. HQ.

REVIEW:
This isn’t the craziest thing I’ve seen someone do to get a job interview, but it definitely makes the top ten list for creative ways to land a job. Adam Levermore wants to do design work on Marvel’s new television show S.H.I.E.L.D. In order to stand out among the many talented applicants Adam called in a bunch of favors such as getting Grant Imahara (Mythbusters), Amber Benson(Buffy), Bear McCreary (The Walking Dead) created the score, and (Eureka’s) Amy Berg to do the script.

Loved every minute of the this flick and I hope this increases Levermore's chances and getting a role in the upcoming "Shield" live action series.

OVERALL:
††††
5 templar crosses out of 5


FILM:

TEMPLAR NOTE: 
In a post on his website, Levermore goes into detail about how "S.H.I.E.L.D.E.D." got made and how he thinks the finished product represents his skills as an artist.

"The stated goal of this short film is to catch the eye of the production designer for the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show, and hopefully be so impressive that hiring me is a no-brainer. I realized, though, that it’s much more than that," wrote Levermore. "The finished piece wound up being so high-quality that it stands alone as a spotlight for my design work. I designed all the art elements of the piece, from the ID badges to the dossiers to the copy of the Daily Bugle to the 'Employee of the Month' plaque for Maria Hill. I even drew Nick Fury’s right-side-only drawing of the Avengers. Everything that isn’t part of the building or being worn by the actors was my design work, and I think it really shows what I can do to bring a unified, coherent feel to a fictional world."


CREDITS:
Production Design: Adam Levermore
Producer: Andrew Seely
Directed by Jared Hoy [Twitter | IMDB | Site]
Written by Amy Berg
Score by Bear McCreary
Associate Producers: Katie Moest, Stephanie Thorpe, Jared Hoy
Starring
Adam Levermore as Interviewee
Taryn O’Neill as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent O’Neill
Stephanie Thorpe as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Thorpe
Amber Benson as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Benson
Grant Imahara as Himself [Twitter | IMDB]
Andrew Seely as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent McSeely
Yuri Lowenthal as S.H.I.E.L.D. Recruitment Director
Art Director: Katie Moest
Camera Operator: Josh Negrin
Assistant Camera: Angela Ortner
Gaffer: Joshua Redmond
Grip: Adam Rady
Sound Mixer: Leonardo Nasca
Script Supervisor: Stephanie Rose
Hair and Makeup: Jennifer Jackson
Catering: Pooja Sharma
Location provided by The Madera Design House
Key Set Pa: Fabian Romero
Key Art Department PA: Lisa Haglund
Still Photography by James Riley [flickr] and Beth Riley [flickr]
Creative Advisor: Alan Kistler
Music Editors: Michael Beach, Jonathan Ortega
Post Production Services: ElectricHobo, Chris Szadkowski

-Brian Lansangan
Follow me on Twitter @MrSnugglenutz84

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT POLICY

We’re all here for the same reason: to share information, to discuss all things pop-culture, to better ourselves as writers, directors, cinematographers, producers, photographers... whatever our creative pursuit happens to be.

Criticism is valuable as long as it is "constructive", but personal attacks are grounds for deletion; you don't have to agree with us to learn something. We’re all here to help each other, so thank you for adding to the conversation!