Friday, September 21, 2012

Bombshell Profile: Alexia Jean Grey

This week, we are stoked to bring you the talented and passionate "Alexia Jean Grey" who has taken time to answer a few questions in our exclusive interview.




FACTS

Name: Alexia
Birthdate: September 2
Birthplace: Milwaukee Wisconsin
Current: Boca Raton, Florida
Hair Color: Red
Height: Didn't Say
Weight: Didn't Say
Hair Length: Long
Eye Color: Didn't Say
Ethnicity: Didn't Say






PICTURE GALLERY
(CLICK PICTURES TO ENLARGE)



INTERVIEW:

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)
Brian: Hey Alexia, thank you so much for sparing some time in your busy schedule to talk to us.

Alexia: No problem at all! I am always happy to chit chat about costumes!

Brian: You probably get asked this alot. How and when did you get started in cosplay?

Alexia: Around 5 years ago is when I put on my first suit, over the last couple years is when I really started going to a hefty amount of conventions and collecting more costumes than real clothes in my closet. I always had a love for comics/anime/games growing up, I remember in elementary taping pictures of phoenix and sailor moon inside my deck (I was such a rebel ha!). However I grew up in a smallish town in Wisconsin where nerds come far and few and conventions were like Narnia to find. I had moved to Florida where I met a group of friends who made costumes they also popped my cherry in the convention scene. I'm being the geek and halloween advocate that I was immediately wanted to get dressed up, and the rest grew from there.

Brian: How many costumes have you worn and what is your overall favorite so far?

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)
Alexia: Definitely more than I can count on my hands, I have a lot of wearable costumes however I never stop trying to add more. I update them until I think there exactly what I was looking for in the character or costume. I also buy and save a lot of costume pieces that are from characters I know I will want to do in the future, you could say my closet almost looks like a horder. It's really hard to pick a favorite since there are elements of each costume that I like for different reasons, it's like saying who is your favorite band or movie, there all my favorites. If I had to narrow it down though I really love my Black Widow costume, it's one of my simpler costumes but I really feel like I am walking into a war when I wear it. I love the core of that character, fearless, intelligent, and master of her skill.

Brian: What is your favorite convention that you have been to and why?

Alexia: Each convention is always different from another no matter what area or what size, I love big conventions but the smaller ones seem to be more intimate and I feel like it's just one big party! As a costumer however I have to give credit to Dragon*Con, it's the super bowl of costumes and I get to see some of the best in there element. It's really hard to narrow it down they all hold a special place in my heart.

Brian: Your Batwoman and Black Widow are my favorite of your costumes.. If these two iconic characters ever fought, who would you think will win and why?
(CLICK TO ENLARGE)

Alexia: Batgirl and Black Widow are on about the same level as far as there characters are written so it's a really a hard choice. I do love you Babz but I think Black Widow would win by a bit. Even though I think Batgirl could put up a good fight, Widow is a master of martial arts and weapons so I feel she has a bit more skill behind her.

Brian: You have worn costumes from both DC and Marvel Comics.which is your favorite brand and characters?

Alexia: I was always a way bigger fan of Marvel when I was younger (Spider-man and X-men were always my top) However in the later years of my life I grew to fall in love with more of DC and more or less the Batman set, even when I was younger I don't think I could have grasped how well each character in the series is written. Also when your a kid things like flying and superpowers usually catch your eye more than detectives (well at least for me) so for now I say it's a draw. Though I do have to give the New 52 credit though I thought that is beating Avengers VS X-men.

Brian: Do you consider yourself a Geek or Nerd and why?

Alexia: I consider my self a person with a passion... geek, nerd, weirdo, costumer, goofball, there are to many different words to put it. I am just an artist that get's to wake up and work in an environment that get's her creative mind to thrive. I am honestly blessed that I found where I have fit in over the last few years and I would never change it for the world, even with some stress that comes with it, I get to play pretend all the time.

Brian: Who and what is your biggest inspiration in your life?

Alexia: There are many things that drive my imagination everywhere from superheros, to art, to even my kitten when he is running around. There is one person that I always look back upon who I think made me the person who I am today and that was my great grandmother Mimi. To me she was never really the typical grandmother, she was in her 80's and still would get glammed up and sip gallon sized margaritas. She always gave the best advice and is the real drive to my confidence which still sticks with me even though she has passed. She always told me I was going to be the Marylin Monroe of my time, I was destined to be great, and she could tell through my eyes that I had a heart of gold. Whenever I get down on myself or nervous I always remember her words and how I miss her dearly

Brian: You must have alot of guys asking for your number at the conventions. What is your most craziest encounter at a convention or anywhere?

Alexia: I honestly could write a book about the interesting things that happen or observe at conventions. I am honestly the worst when it comes to odd situations, I usually just giggle and roll it off my shoulders because it's all in good fun. There my fans and I love them to death the only time I get into really uncomfortable situations is outside of the convention centers/hotels. And anyone who knows me knows I do not have an aggressive personality at all and it takes a lot to offend me but sometimes I have to give them a weird face and ask "did you really just hear what you said?".

Brian: We recently interviewed one of you're fellow cosplayers Sonia Aralynn, how did you two meet and do you two have any projects planned together for future cons?

(CLICK TO ENLARGE)
Alexia: Seriously I wonder why I have not met this awesome lady earlier! I remember seeing her at Philly Comic Con and lost her before I could tell her how much I loved her Artemis costume. Later we were both on a site called Hero Hotties and I was fan girling over her photoshoot saying I need to meet her! To my surprise she was at Anime Festival Orlando with a mutual friend (which was so out of the blue considering it's a smaller convention not many people fly to). I ended up hanging out with her that weekend and again at Dragon*con and I just grew to love her spunky personality. She's one of those types of people you immediately trust and respect which sometimes is hard to find in the convention world. I really hope we can plan out a few costumes together, I am a big fan of her's and I think she is an overall amazing person. 

Brian: Again, thank you for spending time with us but before we let you go. Final question: if you could meet any character or actor who would it be?
Alexia: Oh my to many but honestly who wouldn't want to hang out with Deadpool for a day!



LINKS:

CREDITS:
ZOMBIE HUNTER HATSUME MIKU / VENOM PHOTO / PHOENIX PHOTO
SHOT BY MAX COOKIES POWER

Also check out last week's Bombshell Profile and also friend of Alexia: Soni Aralynn

TEMPLAR NOTE: The "Batgirl" and "X23" Pictures were done by Adam Jay who we also interviewed recently as well. You can check out the interview with Adam Jay by clicking the Link HERE

-Brian Lansangan
Follow me on Twitter @MrSnugglenutz84

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT POLICY

We’re all here for the same reason: to share information, to discuss all things pop-culture, to better ourselves as writers, directors, cinematographers, producers, photographers... whatever our creative pursuit happens to be.

Criticism is valuable as long as it is "constructive", but personal attacks are grounds for deletion; you don't have to agree with us to learn something. We’re all here to help each other, so thank you for adding to the conversation!