Friday, May 25, 2012

G.I. JOE 2 Delayed Till 2013

G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation has been delayed till March 2013 due to a decision made by Paramount Pictures...
An unidentified person close to the studio who was not authorized to publicly discuss the matter said that Paramount decided to delay Retaliation in order to convert it to 3D.

Paramount believes the conversion could help boost box-office numbers for "G.I. Joe: Retaliation," particularly overseas, but such a decision is typically made far earlier in the production process, Which questions the decision on why now, when the original release date is next month.

Personally I feel that there was a growing doubt about releasing Retaliation in the middle of a crowded summer blockbuster season. Avengers is still banking at the box office, the highly anticipated Prometheus is right around the corner followed by a few little known movies by the names of The Dark Knight Rises and the Amazing Spider-man. But thats just my hunch.

I grew up watching the original cartoon, so when I saw the Rise of Cobra... I was unsurprisingly disappointed. It was so terrible, how could you fuck up something as awesome as G.I. Joe? Everything from Channing Tatum as Duke, Nano-bots to the corny-ass super suits... SUPER SUITS!!!! So stupid (One day I'll rip that movie a new asshole). Anyway.

When I heard that the trailer for Retaliation was out I couldn't possibly care any less, so naturally I didn't bother to see it. It took me around 2 months until they released the second trailer. I forced myself to watch it and I almost completely forgot about the first movie.

It's practically a reboot without calling it a reboot. Yeah sure, Tatum is still in this one but he's some where in the background, I think :). Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is the real lead in Retaliation. The man looks like a damn tank in this movie. The new cast actually look like "Joes". They finally got rid of the goofy plastic mouth/lips on Snake Eyes. They have Ninja battles on snow capped mountain tops. They are shooting real guns! Not made-up, PG sonic-wave zappers or whatever! And my favorite... COBRA COMMANDER looks like Cobra fucking Commander. It's a complete revamp and it looks outstanding.

Whether or not it's going to be as good as the trailer leads us to believe, I guess we'll have no other choice but to wait till 2013.



G.I. Joe: Retaliation" stars Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Channing Tatum and Bruce Willis. And is directed by John Chu.

-Eric Chacón
-Brian Lansangan

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT POLICY

We’re all here for the same reason: to share information, to discuss all things pop-culture, to better ourselves as writers, directors, cinematographers, producers, photographers... whatever our creative pursuit happens to be.

Criticism is valuable as long as it is "constructive", but personal attacks are grounds for deletion; you don't have to agree with us to learn something. We’re all here to help each other, so thank you for adding to the conversation!