Friday, October 5, 2012

Bombshell Profile with Exclusive Interview: Ashley Cobeca

This week's Bombshell Profile, we are excited to introduce you to the highly talented cosplayer Ashley Cobeca!!


FACTS:
Name: Ashley Cobeca
Birthday: Feb. 4th, 1994
Birthplace: Pittsburgh PA
Likes: video games, video games, and anime. Dislikes: loud chewing X_X

BIO:
Ashley Cobeca was born in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and moved to Texas when she was 2, and where she is currently living now. She spent her childhood playing on her super nintendo and watching shows like Dragon ball z, sailormoon, and pokemon. After her first convention (AnimeFest) She decided it was something she wanted to do more and started investing a lot of her time for conventions. She also really loves to work out and was a gymnast from 6-17 years old, a cheerleader for about 4 years and a dancer. Ashley is currently in school for fashion design and hopes to do it for the rest of her life!!

PICTURE GALLERY:






INTERVEW:

Brian: Thank You for taking the time to speak to us.

Ashley: Thanks for having me!!

Brian: So tell us how and when you got started in cosplaying?

Ashley: When I was in the 6th grade I was talking to my friend about naruto when she told me about how people go to conventions and dress up as their favorite character. So we did some research and we were super excited that there was a convention near where we lived!From there my cosplay obsession began!

Brian: What was your first convention?

Ashley: AnimeFEST in dallas! I made my friends mom make my first costume, sailormoon, and felt like a celebrity since I didn't realize people took pictures at conventions.

Brian: Awesome. Since you first run at AnimeFest in dallas, how many conventions have you been to?

Ashley: hmmm probably around 20, I usually just stay in Texas for conventions but hopefully I can make it to animeExpo next year!!

Brian: Is Dragon*Con on your wish list as well?

Ashley: of course! I entered soo many contests to try to get to it, but hopefully I can make it there some day! and san diego comic con.

Brian: How many costumes have you worn and what is your overall favorite?

Ashley: I have done about 10 costumes but my overall favorite would have to be my eve code electra cosplay! Even though I can't breathe in it, its super fun to wear.

Brian: What is your favorite anime?

Ashley: Higurashi no naku koro ni! just a bunch of friends going crazy and torturing each other to death.

Brian: Do you have any crazy stories from your trips on conventions?

Ashley: In one of my first conventions I was walking around with my friend looking for someone when this guy dressed as a grim reaper picked up my friend ran and yelled for the person we were looking for! I had to chase after them and beat him with my nauto plushie to get her back!!!

Brian: You are very gorgeous Ashley, you must get hit on a lot at conventions?

Ashley: haha thank you! I have had a lot of guys hit on me but I have mastered the art of friend zoning muahaha!

Brian: So you had your friends mom make your first costume, do you now make your own costumes or do you still have custom costumes done?

Ashley: I've made all my costumes except for my first 2, I want to be a fashion designer when I'm older and love to make my costumes!

Brian: Who or what is your biggest inspiration in your life both cosplay and personal support?

Ashley: hmmm my biggest inspiration would probably be yaya han! she's so creative and talented!!!

Brian: What is your all time favorite movie?

Ashley: It would have to be sucker punch! nothing says an awesome movie like crazy fighting chicks!

Brian: What is your favorite moment or thing to do at conventions?

Ashley: I love going to photoshoots! The photographers are always so talented and super fun to hang out with! And of course spending all my money on figures.

Brian: Lol, do you plan on becoming a full time cosplay model?

Ashley: That would be so amazing cause I love to cosplay! but realistically I'm not sure if its possible.

Brian: What are your future plans for cons and costumes coming up?

Ashley: Next month I'm going to dallas comic con and will be wearing ms marvel, which is what i'm currently working on. =)

Brian: Other than Facebook do you have any other way to keep in contact with your fans?

Ashley: Yep,  ^__^  I have a socialcos, cosplay.com, and deviantart account and recently made a fan page on Facebook.

Brian: Other then cosplaying and school, tell us about your other activities?

Ashley: I love playing video games! Right now I'm trying to beat resident evil 5 before the new one comes out!

Brian: Hmmm important question....what system do you play?

Ashley: xbox 360 :'D , I have a ps3 and wii but i usually dont play them.

Brian: Perfect Answer

Ashley: =D

Brian: Nice...well for the final question: If you could say anything to you family, friends and fans.what would it be?

Ashley: That cosplay is something that I love to do and I have a lot of awesome, secret, surprises coming out for the next con season!

LINKS:

SocialCos

DeviantArt

Cosplay

Twitter

Facebook


-Brian Lansangan
Follow me on Twitter @MrSnugglenutz84

No comments:

Post a Comment

COMMENT POLICY

We’re all here for the same reason: to share information, to discuss all things pop-culture, to better ourselves as writers, directors, cinematographers, producers, photographers... whatever our creative pursuit happens to be.

Criticism is valuable as long as it is "constructive", but personal attacks are grounds for deletion; you don't have to agree with us to learn something. We’re all here to help each other, so thank you for adding to the conversation!